Tuesday, August 26, 2014

After a year and a half of planning and dreaming, we're off!


Eight months ago today I was sitting at St. Dominic's surrounded by family and friends while we waited for Charlie to come out of open heart surgery. Eight months later, we are flying to London where we will see as much as can be squeezed into 6 days, and Charlie will immerse himself in the history of the Brits.  My traveling friends know I love different cultures, the people, and the beautiful scenery. I do not have my husband's love of history; however, for our 6 days in London and our 12 days wandering around England, Scotland and Wales, I will be taking in the history. 

We land in London tomorrow around noon. After making our way through customs, we hope to reach our hotel, drop our luggage off and go straight to Westminster Abbey. We want to take the 90 minute verger led tour, and then take a cruise on the Thames River. Of course, there is a plan B and a plan C. 

Hope you will follow us as we wander through historical places and beautiful countryside.  Keep calm and carry on!


No comments:

Post a Comment